Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Reverb 10: March 2011 Prompt

Even though I managed to miss two-thirds of the December Reverb 10 prompts, I've decided that I will remain committed to the mission. No, I won't be going back to recapture all of those missed writing opportunities, but they are continuing to issue writing prompts on a monthly basis.

March 2011 - If March 2011 was your last month to live, how would you live it?

It is unusual that someone be able to pinpoint their last days. But if I were given the opportunity to know, I'd definitely make the most of it.

The first thing I would do is quit my job. There's no way I'd waste one-third of my time making someone else wealthy.

Then the letter writing would start. One to my baby. Telling her how she was always my heart's desire and even though we couldn't be togther in life, we'd be together in Heaven. One to my sister reminding her of her incredible strength. I would encourage her to push forward with her business. I would beg her not to give up on her dreams the way I did mine. Because no one ever died wishing they'd done less. One to my mother offering forgiveness. I would lay out the conversation I wish we'd been able to have and let her know that I really do love her. I'd write a letter to my father asking him to let go of the guilt. He wasn't in my life growing up but he's letting that guilt keep us apart now. I wish he wouldn't.

Finally, I would prepare my will. Thankfully, I'm no longer upside down in my net worth. There are no credit cards or student loans and the KBB on my car is more than what I owe. I hope that everyone would feel that my allocations are just.

With all of the sentimental stuff out of the way the fun can start!

There are only two places that I would want to go. My first stop would be to Gibraltar. Gibraltar is a tiny, little island that's bubbling over with life and adventure. I've always wanted to see thier monkeys. I hear their a riot! They're so used to people that they just snatch your bags and raid it for apples or any other treats/snacks you might be hiding.


Finally, I would fly to Fiji. I've been once before and that's actually where I would spend my last days. Sitting on the beach, basking under the tropical sun, reading, relaxing, and just being content with who I am in that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment