Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb 10 - Day 8: Beautifully Different

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)
I read The 5 Love Languages last year. It was a gift from mom to help me through a rough spot with the boy. It taught me that I show (and best respond to) love through Acts of Service.  Once I discovered this and what it truly means to serve, I was finally able to understand myself.
I am that person that volunteers at shelters, drives the full length of road trips, will help you move on Thanksgiving weekend and babysits your kids for free. I don’t do any of it for praise; I do it because it would make your life just a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment