Another friend of mine has announced her pregnancy. She's more of a perimeter friend so the odds of me being informed of all her baby news is slim. Unless, of course, she puts it all on Facebook like everyone else seems to love to do. I can't be upset with her though. If I got pregnant tomorrow, I would have stickers made and pass them out downtown.
The only thing that's making me uncomfortable is the distance I'm purposely putting between myself and 'the bellies'. That's what I've decided to call them: the bellies. Personally, I think it has a nice ring to it.
The point is that people are starting to notice that I'm not around as much. The honest truth is that I cannot think of a way to tell them that their happiness makes me focus on my lack. You know the feeling, right? When you are absolutely over the moon for the friend that has found her soulmate but as soon as you are two feet away from her you're wondering why your prince hasn't come along. That's lack. And what I'm finding is that lack is 896,451,158,941,787 times stronger when someone announces their BFP.
Good news, though! I read the first chapter of What to Expect and it made me so anxious I almost threw up. All I could think was, "Ack! I have to worry about that too!". I'm telling you. This book will make you think your baby is coming out with both sexual organs and ebola. The best advice I've been given to date, "Take that book with a grain of salt or else you'll cry throughout your entire pregnancy". I think I'm going to take that advice.
No comments:
Post a Comment